Friday, November 21, 2014

Christmas Light Hanging Experience

     Yesterday, my children finally begged me long enough to start hanging Christmas lights outside.  I have already experienced the "I just want to skip this year" holiday blues, so I guess I needed the extra push.  I have always enjoyed helping with the Christmas lights, but now I am the brains in behind it.  This is much harder than you think.  First, you have to figure out your location of the outside plugs and then arrange the lights so that they match up with those plugs.  I never considered the gutter clips being a challenge.  I hung almost one side of the house and then realized that I was hanging the clips backwards.  Up and down the ladder I went.  I finished about half of the house and was pooped and thank goodness it was almost dark.(perfect excuse to stop)  I went inside to rest and noticed my fingers were hurting.  I should have worn gloves.  (Where is the book on hanging Christmas lights?)
     The next day I finished up after fighting high winds and loosing the clip bag off the ladder multiple times.   I stepped back and our house looks like kids definitely live here.  Colored lights everywhere!  I don't think I will nominate my house for a light show tour, but for my first solo Christmas hanging experience, I would give myself a B+.  I was so excited for my Mom to see the finished product.  She came out to stay with us the night I finished, and I met her at the door smiling.  I asked her what she thought and she responded, "Well, it's kind of far off from the road…. but it looks good."  Not the response I was hoping for, but I guess it will do.  My house does sit a little off the road. I will add a picture soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment