Monday, August 10, 2015

My Wedding Anniversary

     No matter how much time goes by, you still have those special dates that bring sadness.  My wedding anniversary is on Wednesday, August 12th.  We would have been married 15 years.  The could have been future plans still go through my mind at times.  The other day I was going though an old box of things and came across a huge stack of cards.  You guessed it, special cards from Phil.  (I tend to keep cards from everything).  I had to go through them and try to weed the stack to a more manageable amount to keep.  Wow, how the memories came back.  I even kept from shedding one tear.   I came across a poem Phil had written in our college English class.  I had been so proud that day because he had actually stayed awake and listened in class.  (Should have known better).  Phil had been diligently writing a poem for me.  After class he gave it to me and I still have it.  Instead of focusing on the time I didn't get to have on my anniversary, I am going to try and be thankful for the time I did have.  I sure have two amazing kids who are the best part of both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment