Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Be Still

     I used to wonder why my Mom never sat down and just chilled.  That was before I was a Mom.  Sometimes it can be exhausting and I have a whole new appreciation for single Moms.  It's hard!  Last week I had the feeling sorry for myself blues.  Let's be honest, I have had the blues for a while now.  I started to question my decision of homeschooling my kids.  My son has been extremely difficult lately.  I really think it is just his age, but I finally had to put my foot down and he has been much better after is little attitude readjustment.  I have been definitely praying a bunch about decisions I feel like should be made this year.  It is so funny how God can slap your face with something and you realize how much of a kid you have been acting.  Sounding familiar?
     Sometimes we just need to step back and be still.  Get to a quiet place and really relax.  Talk to our heavenly Father.  It may be only 5 minutes  before something interrupts you, but try it.  I put pressure on myself, not any one person or thing doing it.  I just need to learn how to let God take His time in my life.  It may not be the right moment for these decisions.  One thing for sure is I am going to keep homeschooling.  I have a teaching degree and have always enjoyed it.  My kids love it and I even have a school house.  I am going to take it year by year and pray before each school year.  Someday, God may lay it upon my heart to do something else, but I just have to keep stepping one foot in front of the other.  Satan sure knows how to get into your head and make you think you can't do something.  Yes, raising kids is hard without your spouse, but this is the season I am in right now and I am going to rejoice through the tears.

               
                                                Cottonwood Lake near Buena Vista, CO.
                                             Mountains help me feel calm and realize the
                                                 glory of His creation.  Pretty awesome.

                    "It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." Lamentations 3:26

No comments:

Post a Comment