Monday, February 2, 2015

Animal Update

     I thought it was time to add some comic relief to my blog.  As many of you already know, I have a year old Australian Shepherd, Stetson, and my Mom's black cat, Lucy.  When we go over to Mom and Dad's house (Gigi and Pawpaw), we always take Stetson where he can play with my sister's pit bull, Patch.  (Really so I can wear him out so he won't chew up so many things at my house:)  Anyways, his new favorite past time is attacking my Mom's back yard bird feeder.  To show you the extent of my dog's intellectual being, he hides in her bushes waiting for the beautiful little birds to come to the feeder.    Once a good number of non-suspecting targets are on the ground below the feeder, out jumps this big dog running in for the attack.  Of course the birds see him coming a mile away, and fly up into the safety of the tree.  Then just because of all the effort, Stetson looks up in the tree and barks for 5 minutes.  This goes on for hours.......and hours.........
     Another one of his favorite activities is taking off the faucet cover.  I have one outdoor faucet that he can get to on my house that I have tried to keep covered during the cold nights.  It doesn't matter what I put on it, towels, an actual faucet cover, and a plastic pipe covering, off it comes and within seconds is buried out behind my school house.  Yes, he is one and yes, he should be outgrowing this type of behavior.  Grrrrr.....  I tell you if Phil had not given this dog to our children, he would be for sale in a heart beat.  Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but this one is trying my patience.  I keep telling myself that he will grow out of this as I write this post and he is outside chasing birds.
     Now as for Lucy, she is the most spoiled rotten cat ever.  She sees my truck coming down the driveway and meets my kids at the door to come in the house and be held.  Her most favorite past time is napping and napping.  This winter she has gained at least 5 pounds.  We will have to put her on a diet in the spring.  
Lucy acting like she doesn't notice Stetson.

Stetson begging to come into the school house.  This is his sweet face, and it didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment