Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day

     Since I do not have a special someone for Valentine's Day, I thought I would send out my love to family and friends.  I do love chocolate, so tomorrow will not be too bad.  At least there are good sales on it in the stores.  I am thankful this Valentine's Day for actually being aware of it this year.  This time a year ago,  I just really do not remember the month of February.  I guess since Phil had passed away in January, I was still in shock.  My daughter, my little brain, told me what we did last year.  We had asked a couple of close friends and their kids over to play.  The kids loved it because they all played on this huge dirt pile next to my house.  (Which is still there)  They all got so filthy dirty that I was sweeping dirt up for a week.  Why do I feel the need to ever spend money on my children?   Just keep the dirt pile and my kids are happy.  (If you know of anyone who needs some dirt, let me know.)
     I think I finally woke up last year after the trees had finished putting their leaves on for spring.  That happens to be one of my favorite times of the year and I thank God I can enjoy it this year.  It is amazing to me how He can work and protect you through grief.  I know without a shadow of a doubt, I needed that time where I was in shock to heal.  I have people ask me all the time about how the kids are doing.  Thankfully, they are doing great.  I look at them today and they are the most happy lovable kids.  Spencer sings all day some stupid little song he heard off Bonanza, while driving me insane popping his cap guns as he pretends to be the Lone Ranger.  Anna is still as sweet and helpful as she always has been.  She has become a superb little cook.  From cookies, pies, biscuits, she is always baking.  She is definitely taking on her Daddy's baking talents.  I look at her and often think she is more of the Mom than I am.  I will never understand the reason Phil had to leave us so soon, but I feel truly in awe at how God is fixing us back to a normal little family.  We really do serve an awesome and capable God!  I pray you all feel the love I feel in my heart for our heavenly Father tomorrow.

                                                               Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment