Thursday, July 23, 2015

"JOY" - Just Overcome You

     A few mornings ago, the birds woke me up singing.  I looked at the clock and it was still early, so I snuggled back in the covers for a few more minutes.  I am not much of an early morning person.  I usually get up around 7, and it usually takes me at least my morning cup of coffee to be alive enough for my brain to function.  This morning waking up at 6, and then this coming through my head, I knew was the Holy Spirit.  The day before I had one of those frustrating days.  Nothing went right, the kids were arguing about anything and everything, I was having a "I just want to go back to bed day".  I even told my Mom, " I need to take off for about 20 days".  (Like that would ever happen.) 
     I hate it when The Lord answers me and it feels like I got a slap in the face.  The word "Joy" came into my mind.  My joy had been robbed the day before because I let it.  Nobody else was at fault, but me.  I needed to get my joy back, or "Just Overcome You".  He was so right, and how I needed this.  I have found that when I start letting my mind complain to myself, it just grows and grows until my day is shot and I am so unhappy.  I snap at the kids and just want to hide out away from life.  I want my days to be filled to the max and to hear my kids laugh.  I must live out my life filled with as much happiness as I can fit into the week.  I just desire to be the woman God has called me to be and the best mother.  Please don't let "you" rob your joy.

Psalm 95:1 - " Come, let us sing for joy to The Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment