Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Strong Tower

     In any book you pick up about grief, anniversaries and holidays can be the hardest days.  Father's day turned out being a difficult day after all.  I did good through church and into the evening.  Then, without any notice, the tears began.  It's hard to swallow the fact that my kids will never have their Father again.  I know it is good to cry, and I did feel much better.  I have found that my hardest days of grief, are the days that I do not spend my needed time with the Lord.  Even if it is a study, or just reading the word, that keeps my mind focused on heavenly things and not worldly.  I have complete confidence that I will get through this time with God's help.  Proverbs 10:18,  "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."  I read Joyce Meyer's book "You Can Begin Again", and one thing she writes is that you didn't see this coming, but God did.  Remember Psalm 68:5.  "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling."  It gives me strength to know I am not going through this without my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment