Thursday, June 26, 2014

The One and Only

     Lately, I tend to miss Phil the most when a task becomes too difficult for me to do by myself.  It always seems like yard work brings about the most frustrations.  My trusty riding lawn mower has been with me for over 12 years.  I have been babying a tire that is usually low every time I need to use it.  Well, this week it took 5 times of airing up before I finished my yard.  I even was carrying the air pump on the lawn mower with me for the convenience of airing up at the closest plug.  This week I also finally ran both weed eaters out of string.  Phil didn't teach me about string.  Did you know there are different sizes?  I learned that the hard way, after looking at my local hardware store for many minutes before finding help.  Times like these, I tend to pray for God to send some nice handy man that understands lawn equipment.  Or sometimes I pray God, if you could just send someone to help dig post holes.  The list of my projects are endless.  I know He is hearing my prayers, but sometimes I need a physical body.  Hello???
     I was corrected this week about that very thought.  The Lord placed it on my heart that He is all that I need.  I go through the panicky stages of crying out for help, being alone, and not knowing how to accomplish the easiest of tasks my husband did.  Psalm 121:1-2, "I lift up my eyes to the hills where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."  Sometimes my idea of timely getting to my prayer request and the Lord's idea are totally different.  This very week one of my prayers that I have been seeking help about, finally was checked off the to do list.  I have been trying to find a concrete man to pour a couple of sidewalks around my house.  I called many numbers, met with two men about the job, and just couldn't find the right one.  A friend at church suggested a guy that is a retired concrete man that we attend church with.  Duh....  I felt so stupid for not thinking about him sooner.  He even told me he felt like God wanted him to call me.  Guess what?  He has just finished pouring my sidewalks.  Yeah!!!!  I will never take not having side walks again for granted.  Wonderful invention, concrete.  Maybe I can keep my floors clean of dirt. With kids, my floors will never be clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment